Sunday, November 28, 2010

November Brings Round Two

Since the end of September my headaches started to come back. At first it was a day or two a week, and progressed by the end of October into a full on assault with migraines everyday. As stated in previous posts the Dr. I am seeing does not want me to take pain meds and I haven't taken them for my headache since June. Anyway because of this I was left with only a few tools to combat the headaches with, namely ice, biofeedback breathing and relaxation and lots of anti-nausea medications, which I sorely needed. I spent a good three weeks vomiting everyday if not multiple times a day  before I was able to get in and have another round of Botox treatments.  (Phenergan is great but you can't take it and work as it knocks you out.) Surprisingly I managed to only miss a half day of work because of the headaches what a miracle that was.

I am now just over 2 weeks post Botox treatment, and things are looking better. The headaches have decreased in intensity from about a 8-10 on a scale of 1-10 to a range 2-5. While they are not completely gone at this point, I feel I can breathe again and function, what a relief. I am grateful this treatment is working and pray it will continue to do so. If you are struggling with headaches like I do look into Botox it is certainly a viable option ( if you can stand the 20 or so shots in the face, temples, head and neck.) and is certainly a lot cheaper and less traumatic then the RF procedures I have undergone in the past. -SG

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear, that is awful! My sons suffers from abdominal migraines and is very ill. Feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have either of you looked into food allergies, I know gluten is a good culprit. Something too look into. Hope this helps.

    Elaine
    ExpressionsByElaine.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok my sister reminded me how growing up she always had a headache and besides the gluten allergy she also cannot have aspartame and to this day if she eats something that she doesn't realize it is in she will get a headache. It is unbelievable the things it is showing up in. Sodas, gum & candies, why?
    Hope this helps!

    Elaine

    ReplyDelete